Pyongyang vows military response to ‘storm watcher’ | world | Dr..

North Korea announced Monday (07.11.2022) that it will respond to the joint exercises of the United States and South Korea with “continuous, resolute and charming” military operations, according to the official North Korean Agency.

The warning comes against the backdrop of a series of missile tests by Pyongyang in recent weeks, including the launch of four ballistic missiles on Saturday, days after the United States and South Korea concluded their largest air military exercises to date. .

“We will continue to respond to all actions against (North Korea) by the enemy with continuous, resolute and sweeping operational military measures,” the Korean Central News Agency said Monday, in a statement issued by the General Staff of the Korean People’s Army.

According to the agency, the North’s recent ballistic missile tests were a “clear response” to Washington and Seoul regarding their military exercises last week.

A statement issued by the Korean Central News Agency added, “The more insistent on the enemy’s provocative moves, the more comprehensive and merciless the North Korean army will confront them.”

Against North Korea “no provocation”

Hundreds of US and South Korean warplanes, including B-1B bombers, took part in the Storm Vigilante exercise last week.

South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said the exercises demonstrated “the ability and willingness to respond firmly to any provocation by North Korea”.

Such exercises elicited strong reactions from Pyongyang, which regards them as rehearsals for an invasion.

The latest wave of North Korean missile launches included an ICBM and another that landed near the territorial waters of the south. South Korean President Yoon Seok-yeol described the measure as a “de facto territorial invasion”.

GC (AFP, Reuters)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.