Don’t want more cookies? This is how you can permanently deactivate it – inform me about science
Cookies can be very useful, especially for people in a hurry. Well, these little computer files can give you a boost if you have to fill out forms or fill out data all the time, or when you use complex passwords or simply want to stay logged in. Among other things, you may also want to have more privacy, Don’t want more cookies? In this article we tell you how to disable cookies on your computer, Android, iPhone and iPad.
What are cookies?
In a previous article for Enséñame de Ciencia we mentioned that cookies are files Small computer files that contain pieces of data A website is sent to and stored in the browser. In other words, cookies get data about us that can be remembered later by facilitating your browsing habits and preferences. They store data such as usernames and passwords. If you want to know more about cookies, click click here.
Disable cookies on your computer
With the following steps, you will be able to deactivate in Chrome, if you are using another browser, it may be different and in this case you should refer to its help:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- In the upper right, click the three dots and then Adjust.
- Under “Privacy and Security,” tap Website Configuration.
- Click Cookies and other website data.
- After that, you can:
- Disable cookies: Activate the option Block all cookies (not recommended).
Disable cookies on Android
- Open the Chrome app on your Android phone or device
- At the top right, tap the three dots and then
- touch Website Configuration and then
- Activate or deactivate cookies. Remember that there are also other options like just Block third party cookies.
Disable cookies on iPhone and iPad
Cookies are enabled by default in the Chrome app. One option is to delete the cookies that have been stored in your browser. To do this, follow these steps:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open Chrome.
- Click on the three dots and then Adjust.
- Journalism Privacy and security and then Clear browsing data.
- Brand Cookies and site data.
- Uncheck the rest of the options.
- Journalism Clear browsing data and then Clear browsing data.
Should I remove or disable cookies?
Here it will depend a lot on the user’s preferences, but we must know that cookies themselves are not dangerous, not spam, or some kind of computer virus. The problem arises when we accept too many cookies and on unknown sites. some cafe attack They hijack cookies and thus track browsing logs, which raises security concerns.
Remember that The more cookies you accept, the less privacy you have. Although it can be very useful and will make your life easier while browsing the internet, at some point it may store a lot of personal data that you may not be aware of. For this reason, it is advisable to remove them from time to time.
conclusion: Disabling cookies completely may be a strict measure, since you will lose the functionality it provides. Although as mentioned, it is a matter of preferences and you may not want to accept more cookies. The recommendation will be to delete them from time to time, as well as delete data from the browser; Disabling it permanently may cause you to spend more time logging in, filling in data, etc. At the end of the day, the best will be what is friendlier to your needs.
Share knowledge, share knowledge.
“Evil coffee nerd. Analyst. Incurable bacon practitioner. Total twitter fan. Typical food aficionado.”