Apple today released iOS and iPadOS 14.4, its fourth major update to IOS 14 The operating system was initially released in September. IOS and iPadOS 14.4 comes more than a month after its release IOS and iPadOS version 14.3And updates that brought new emoji, support for intercom, and more.
IOS and iPadOS 14.4 updates are free to download and the software is available on all eligible devices over the air in the Settings app. To access the new software, go to Settings> General> Software Update.
IOS 14.4 allows the camera to recognize smaller QR codes, and there is a device type identification feature for third-party Bluetooth-connected audio devices so headphone volume measurements can be taken correctly.
There are several bug fixes for issues involving image defects that appear in HDR photos captured with iPhone 12 Pro, Issues with the fitness tool not updating properly, and a bug that could cause typing delays and no word suggestions to appear when using the keyboard.
Apple’s full release notes for the update are below:
IOS 14.4 includes the following improvements for foriPhone:
– Smaller QR codes can be recognized by the camera
– Option to classify the type of Bluetooth device in settings for correct headphone recognition for audio notifications
– Notifications when the camera cannot be verified on your iPhone as a new and original Apple camera on the iPhone 12, IPhone 12 miniIPhone 12 Pro, and IPhone 12 Pro Max
This release also fixes the following issues:
– Image defects may appear in HDR photos captured with iPhone 12 Pro
– The fitness tool may not display updated activity data
– Typing may be delayed and word suggestions may not appear on the keyboard
– The keyboard may not appear in the correct language in messages
– Audio stories from the news application in the format CarPlay It may not resume after pausing spoken directions or Siri
– Enabling Switch Access Control may prevent phone calls from being answered from the lock screen
Although not mentioned in the release notes, there is a “Time to Walk” feature for Apple Fitness + users on the Apple Watch, which allows them to listen to inspiring stories while on the hike.
When combined with HomePod mini And the HomePod 14.4 Software Update, iOS 14.4 introduces new U1 Ultra Broadband functionality between HomePod mini and IPhone 11 And 12 models with the U1 chip. The U1 chip improves delivery with visual, audio and tactile effects when transferring songs from iPhone to HomePod mini.
IPhone will provide personalized listening suggestions when it’s next to HomePod mini, and HomePod mini الوسائط media controls will appear automatically without the need to open the iPhone. These features are limited to HomePod mini because HomePod does not contain a U1 chip, and iPhone 11 or 12 is required.
For more information about iOS 14, we have a Complete iOS 14 tour It goes through all the features that Apple has introduced since iOS 13.